What are the characteristics of all the forgings?
Die forging has the significant advantage of saving metal and reducing cutting time, however, due to the strengthening of the relevant aspects of the die forging and will make part of the cost increase.
Die forging has the significant advantage of saving metal and reducing cutting time, however, due to the strengthening of the relevant aspects of the die forging and will make part of the cost increase. Therefore, whether to choose die forging process for specific products should be based on the production of finished parts of the comprehensive economic indicators and the special requirements of the structure and performance of the parts for comprehensive consideration. It has the following characteristics.
1) Large weight range. Forgings have as small as a few grams to as large as several hundred tons.
2) Higher quality than castings. Forgings have better mechanical properties than castings and can withstand large impact force effects and other heavy loads, so forgings are used for all important and highly stressed parts.
For high-carbide steel, forgings than rolling quality. Such as high-speed steel rolling stock (or forging) only after reforging to meet the use of requirements. Especially high-speed steel milling cutter forging.
3) Light weight. In the premise of ensuring the design strength, forgings are lighter than the weight of castings, which reduces the weight of the machine itself, for transportation, aircraft, vehicles and word Zeus aerial teasing instruments have important significance.
4) Save raw materials. For example, the car with a static weight of 17kg crankshaft, the use of rolling material cutting forging, chips to account for 189% of the weight of the crankshaft, while the use of die forging, chips only 30%, but also shorten the machining time 1/6. forgings, not only can save more raw materials, but also save more machining time.
5) High productivity. Die forging manufacturers talk about, for example, the use of two hot die forging presses die forging radial thrust bearings, can replace 30 automatic cutting machine tools. The use of top forging automatic machine production M24 nuts, six-axis automatic lathe productivity of 17.5 times.
6) Free forging flexibility, therefore, some repair plants in a wide range of forging methods to produce a variety of accessories.